Sunday 25 September 2011

LIGHTING

his slideshare is a little boring but it taught me lot about terms - now i need to create my own presentation - i think i am going to use a john hedgecoe image as inspiration and create my own presentation of portraits in and with lots of different lighting



these two are my starting point

In the window composition in the right I like the dramatic lighting from the left which exaggerates the texture of his skin and makes the background dark and contrasting - the window frame also provides a strong geometric contrast to his rounded and soft edges










with the image below the hands are the most dominant foreground image AND provide the most contrast; the dramatic depth of field adds to the strong lighting - i think it will be an easy image to style but maybe not to light - it will be fun trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment