Monday 12 September 2011

assignment 2 first analysis - teacher example

  • FACTUAL: this image is by Perou: he is a British artist. I found reports, reviews and interviews of his work that suggest that he takes innovative photographs. He is becoming famous and is the photographer on the TV series Dirt Sexy Things. He has a facebook page, a flickr page, a photo donut page - he shares his work in lots of places. This image is of the singer Marilyn Manson.
  • the CONTEXT: this is one of a series of images he has taken of the singer Marilyn Manson in the early 21st century
  • TECHNICAL: I think that he has taken the image in a studio, using a digital camera and a slow shutter speed to create the image of movement; I suspect that Marilyn Manson may also have moved as he is known for being an unconventional subject for interviews.
  • AESTHETIC: What I like most of all is the strong colour scheme and the movement - I can see who the model is but I don't think it would matter if I did not know WHO it was - it would still be interesting. I would like to learn how to create images like this.

1 comment: